EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN COLLEGE
EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN COLLEGE. Evangelical Lutheran College was established in 1870 at Rutersville, Fayette County, where buildings were bought for $600 and Rev. H. Mertz became supervisor and instructor. The institution met with small success and in 1878 was forced to close. Another Evangelical Lutheran College was a predecessor of Texas Lutheran Collegeqv.
Max Heinrich, comp., History of the First Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Texas (Waverly, Iowa: Wartburg, 1928).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN COLLEGE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/kbe09), accessed May 19, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.