GUADALUPE COLLEGE. Guadalupe College was the first school to be incorporated in Guadalupe County. The legislature granted a charter to William E. Jones, Michael H. Erskine, John E. Park, Joseph F. Johnson, and Martin R. Lewis on February 5, 1848, to establish the college in Guadalupe City. The project was abandoned the following year, when another group of citizens were granted a charter for the Guadalupe High School Association.
Arwerd Max Moellering, A History of Guadalupe County, Texas (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1938). Willie Mae Weinert, An Authentic History of Guadalupe County (Seguin, Texas: Seguin Enterprise, 1951; rpt. 1976).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "GUADALUPE COLLEGE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/kbg18), accessed November 24, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.