MARBLE FALLS ALLIANCE UNIVERSITY
MARBLE FALLS ALLIANCE UNIVERSITY. Adam Rankin Johnson made plans for Marble Falls Alliance University in February 1890. J. A. Ramsdell was first president, and money was borrowed from S. A. Posey and the Marble Falls Mining and Improvement Company to build a main building and a boys' dormitory on land deeded by Johnson. The school was not self-supporting and was sold at a sheriff's sale to the mining company, which later sold it to the Marble Falls Land and Power Company. The Marble Falls common school district then rented the property for $100 a year and continued the boarding school, renamed Marble Falls Academy, on a tuition basis. When academy funds were exhausted the public school system bought the property, on May 16, 1908. In 1940 the main building was being used for the elementary school at Marble Falls.
Malvin George Bowden, History of Burnet County (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1940).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."MARBLE FALLS ALLIANCE UNIVERSITY," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/kbm03), accessed May 23, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.