PARIS FEMALE INSTITUTE
PARIS FEMALE INSTITUTE. The Paris Female Institute, in Paris, Texas, was founded in 1852 by James Graham, who conducted it until 1869, when the Methodist Church acquired control and placed John Howell McLean in charge. In 1872 Graham's son sold the building to the county school superintendent for $900.
A. W. Neville, The History of Lamar County, Texas (Paris, Texas: North Texas, 1937; rpt. 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."PARIS FEMALE INSTITUTE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/kbp03), accessed October 25, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.