Bookmark and Share
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn

RANDOLPH COLLEGE

RANDOLPH COLLEGE (Dallas County). In 1899 Randolph Clarkqv accepted the offer of the residents of Lancaster to build a plant to support him in the establishment of a college. With Clark as president and his son-in-law, Robert F. Holloway, as business manager and professor of mathematics, the school was operated from 1899 to 1902. Elzy Dee Jennings was one of the graduates. The curriculum included science, music, art, and elocution.

BIBLIOGRAPHY: 

Texas Farm and Ranch, July 16, 1898. Donald W. Whisenhunt, The Encyclopedia of Texas Colleges and Universities (Austin: Eakin, 1986).

Colby D. Hall

Citation

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.

Colby D. Hall, "RANDOLPH COLLEGE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/kbr02), accessed July 29, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.