SAN SABA MASONIC COLLEGE
SAN SABA MASONIC COLLEGE. San Saba Masonic College, at San Saba, was established in 1860 and chartered on December 11, 1863. It was donated to the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, in 1879 and was rechartered on May 25, 1885, under the name of San Saba College. The church discontinued the school after 1886, but it reopened briefly in the 1890s as a nonsectarian college. George H. Hagan was the principal in 1892.
Alice Gray Upchurch, "A Sketch History of San Saba County," Southwestern Historical Quarterly 50 (July 1946). Donald W. Whisenhunt, The Encyclopedia of Texas Colleges and Universities (Austin: Eakin, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Alice Gray Upchurch, "SAN SABA MASONIC COLLEGE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/kbs13), accessed January 28, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.