SHILOH BAPTIST INSTITUTE
SHILOH BAPTIST INSTITUTE. Shiloh Baptist Institute, a liberal arts institution at Whitesboro in Grayson County, was established in 1876 by North Texas Baptists on land donated by John Maddox and housed in a two or three story frame building with a mansard roof. The school offered coursework in preparatory and college departments taught by a four-member faculty. A Professor Berryman was in charge. The institute closed after 1878.
Ancestors and Descendants: Grayson County, Texas (Sherman, Texas: Grayson County Genealogical Society, 1980). Grayson County Frontier Village, History of Grayson County, Texas (2 vols., Winston-Salem, North Carolina: Hunter, 1979, 1981). Graham Landrum and Allen Smith, Grayson County (Fort Worth, 1960; 2d ed., Fort Worth: Historical Publishers, 1967).