TEXAS PRESBYTERIAN UNIVERSITY
TEXAS PRESBYTERIAN UNIVERSITY. In the late 1890s both northern and southern Presbyterian churches united to plan a large Presbyterian university. On February 19, 1896, a charter was granted, and in 1907 J. S. Armstrong donated a 100-acre tract in Highland Park, Texas. The endowment goal of $2 million was never subscribed, and the project ended.
John Jay Lane, History of Education in Texas (Washington: U.S. Bureau of Education, 1903). Donald W. Whisenhunt, The Encyclopedia of Texas Colleges and Universities (Austin: Eakin, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Louise Kelly, "TEXAS PRESBYTERIAN UNIVERSITY," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/kbt22), accessed January 29, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.