TEXAS MEDICAL COLLEGE
TEXAS MEDICAL COLLEGE. Texas Medical College was chartered on February 8, 1860, to be located in or near Houston. As finally organized in 1864, it was the Galveston Medical College. Reorganized in 1873 as the Texas Medical College and Hospital, the institution closed in 1890 with the establishment of the medical branch of the University of Texas.
Hans Peter Nielsen Gammel, comp., Laws of Texas, 1822–1897 (10 vols., Austin: Gammel, 1898). The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston: A Seventy-five Year History (Austin: University of Texas Press, 1967).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."TEXAS MEDICAL COLLEGE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/kct24), accessed December 12, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.