SAN ANTONIO NATIONAL CEMETERY
SAN ANTONIO NATIONAL CEMETERY. San Antonio National Cemetery, on a six-acre tract on Paso Hondo Street, was established in 1867. Burial was granted military personnel and eligible dependents if death occurred while they were on active duty or retired from the army if the last discharge was honorable. The San Antonio National Cemetery closed in 1931, and Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery took its place in 1934–35. The wives of military personnel already interred at the cemetery were still allowed burial there.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."SAN ANTONIO NATIONAL CEMETERY," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/les01), accessed April 17, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.