FANNIN STATE BATTLEGROUND COMMISSION
FANNIN STATE BATTLEGROUND COMMISSION. The Fannin State Battleground Commission, established in 1947, was composed of three members appointed by the governor for six-year overlapping terms; its responsibility was to advise the state Board of Control about the care of the Fannin State Battleground. The commission was reorganized in 1965 as the Fannin State Park Advisory Commission, and control of the battleground was given to the Parks and Wildlife Commission. By the early 1980s the commission was defunct. See TEXAS PARKS AND WILDLIFE DEPARTMENT.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."FANNIN STATE BATTLEGROUND COMMISSION," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/mdf01), accessed May 19, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.