TEXAS COMMISSION ON INTERSTATE COOPERATION
TEXAS COMMISSION ON INTERSTATE COOPERATION. The Texas Commission on Interstate Cooperation, ordinarily calledthe Texas Cooperation Committee, was established by the legislature in 1941. It was composed of eighteen members including the lieutenant governor and five Senate members, the speaker of the House and five House members, and the governor and the governor's committee on interstate cooperation. The major duties of the commission were to carry forward the state's participation in the council of state governments and to encourage cooperation between Texas and other states by preparing uniform compacts, laws, and administrative rules. In 1964 the number was changed to nineteen with the addition of one to the governor's committee. By 1972 the commission was inactive with no appointive members at the time. By 1990 it had been abolished.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."TEXAS COMMISSION ON INTERSTATE COOPERATION," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/mdtss), accessed May 12, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.