CAMP BELKNAP. Camp Belknap, near Fort Belknap in Young County, was established on March 17, 1862, by James M. Norris as a Texas Ranger station for the Frontier Regiment. The camp, manned by members of Capt. J. J. (Jack) Curetonqv's company, did frontier patrol duty until March 1864, when the Frontier Regiment was consolidated at Fort Belknap.
William Curry Holden, Frontier Problems and Movements in West Texas, 1846–1900 (Ph.D. dissertation, University of Texas, 1928). Vertical Files, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, University of Texas at Austin (Fort Belknap).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."CAMP BELKNAP," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/qbc03), accessed December 10, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.