Bookmark and Share
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn

CAMP HARNEY

CAMP HARNEY. Camp Harney, a temporary military establishment near Bellville, Zapata County (see ZAPATA, TEXAS), opened in 1851 and was named for Col. William S. Harney.

BIBLIOGRAPHY: 

Texas Almanac, 1936.

Citation

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.

"CAMP HARNEY," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/qcc18), accessed September 02, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.