CAMP MCMILLAN. Camp McMillan, at Hall's Spring at the head of Richland Creek in San Saba County, was established by James M. Norris on March 26, 1862, as a ranger station for the Frontier Regiment. Under command of Capt. N. D. McMillan, scouts served at the camp until the consolidation of the regiment in March 1864.
William Curry Holden, Frontier Problems and Movements in West Texas, 1846–1900 (Ph.D. dissertation, University of Texas, 1928).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."CAMP MCMILLAN," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/qcc28), accessed December 08, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.