CAMP RESOLUTION. Camp Resolution was the name given to four camps occupied by the main body of the Texan Santa Fe expedition from August 30 through September 18, 1841. The first camp was near the junction of Quitaque and Los Lingos creeks in northwest Motley County, 5½ miles northwest of the site of present Flomat. This camp was used August 30 through September 3rd. Camp Resolution No. 2, used September 3 through September 5, was on the south side of Quitaque Creek, about where Ranch Road 1065 crosses the creek, in extreme northeast Floyd County. Camp No. 3, used from September 5 through 14, was a half mile above No. 2. No. 4 was three-quarters of a mile above No. 3 and was occupied from September 14 through September 18.
"Clayton Erhard's Reminiscences of the Santa Fe Expedition, 1841," Southwestern Historical Quarterly 66 (April 1963).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Art Leatherwood, "CAMP RESOLUTION," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/qcc55), accessed August 01, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.