DALHART ARMY AIR FIELD
DALHART ARMY AIR FIELD. Dalhart Army Air Field, two miles southwest of Dalhart, was activated in September 1942 and consisted of a 3,000-acre field; two auxiliary fields were added later. Though originally intended for glider training, the field came to be used for B-17 and B-29 training and for fighter planes to be used in conjunction with bombers. It was closed early in 1946, and the property went to the city of Dalhart. Since that time, several of the remaining buildings have been used as the Dalhart municipal airport.
F. Stanley [Stanley F. L. Crocchiola], The Dalhart, Texas, Story (Nazareth, Texas, 1975).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.H. Allen Anderson, "DALHART ARMY AIR FIELD," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/qcd01), accessed January 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.