HAMILTON FIELD. Hamilton Field, an Army aviation school for preliminary glider training, was activated at Spencer, Iowa, on May 22, 1942, and moved to Hamilton, Texas, in October 1942. Lt. Angus G. Reid was commanding officer until March 9, 1943, when the field was inactivated.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."HAMILTON FIELD," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/qch01), accessed October 26, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.