RIO GRANDE STATION
RIO GRANDE STATION. Rio Grande Station was the name given by James M. Norris to old Fort Duncan, when on April 7, 1862, he selected the site as a station for the Frontier Regiment. The station was manned by members of Capt. Thomas Rabb's company as a ranger post until March 1864. After the Civil War the post was reoccupied by federal troops as Fort Duncan.
William Curry Holden, Frontier Problems and Movements in West Texas, 1846–1900 (Ph.D. dissertation, University of Texas, 1928).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."RIO GRANDE STATION," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/qcr01), accessed May 18, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.