BARNETT BRANCH. Barnett Branch rises three miles northwest of Click in southern Llano County (at 30°36' N, 98°35' W) and runs southeast for five miles to its mouth on Sandy Creek, a mile southeast of Click (at 30°33' N, 98°34' W). It crosses rolling to steep slopes surfaced by shallow, stony soils that support oak, mesquite, scrub brush, cacti, and grasses. The creek was probably named for James Finley Barnett, who settled in the area in 1857.
Martha Gilliland Long, ed., Llano County Family Album: A History (1989).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."BARNETT BRANCH," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbb19), accessed May 25, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.