BOX CREEK (ANDERSON COUNTY)
BOX CREEK (Anderson County). Box Creek rises three miles northeast of Elkhart in southern Anderson County (at 31°40' N, 95°33' W) and runs southwest for 16½ miles to its mouth on the Trinity River, just east of Titi Lake (at 31°33' N, 95°43' W). The stream is intermittent in its upper reaches. Its banks are heavily wooded in places with mixed pine and hardwood trees, and the surrounding nearly level to moderately steep terrain is surfaced by sandy, clayey, and loamy upland soils. The stream was named for Roland W. Box, who was granted land on its banks in 1835.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."BOX CREEK (ANDERSON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbbhw), accessed September 17, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.