BUFFALO CAMP BAYOU
BUFFALO CAMP BAYOU. Buffalo Camp Bayou, formerly known as Buffalo Creek, rises six miles southwest of Angleton in south central Brazoria County (at 29°04' N, 95°31' W) and flows five miles southeast to its mouth on the Brazos River (at 29°02' N, 95°29' W). In 1954 Dow Chemical Company impounded sources of the creek for industrial use. The stream traverses flat terrain with local shallow depressions, surfaced by clay and sandy loam that supports water-tolerant hardwoods, conifers, and grasses.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."BUFFALO CAMP BAYOU," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbbmb), accessed December 04, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.