CEDRON CREEK. Cedron Creek rises three miles east of Meridian and one-half mile southeast of Pilot Knob in central Bosque County (at 31°56' N, 97°35' W) and runs east for 10½ miles to its mouth on Lake Whitney and the Brazos River, near Cedar Shores Estates (at 31°57' N, 97°26' W). Known as Cedral Creek when the Texan Santa Fe expedition crossed it in 1841, the stream was probably named for the cedar trees that grew along its banks.
William C. Pool, The History of Bosque County (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1946).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."CEDRON CREEK," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbccl), accessed December 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.