CLEAR CREEK (LEON COUNTY)
CLEAR CREEK (Leon County). Clear Creek, also known as Forky Deer Creek, rises ten miles southwest of Centerville in southwestern Leon County (at 31°11' N, 96°08' W) and runs southwest for fourteen miles to its mouth on the Navasota River, on the Robertson county line (at 31°05' N, 96°16' W). It traverses nearly level terrain surfaced by sandy and loamy soils that support woods of pecan, elm, water oak, hackberry, post oak, and black hickory. Settlement in the vicinity began in the latter half of the nineteenth century. Flynn, a station on the Burlington-Rock Island Railway, is on the south bank of the upper creek; Vanetia is on the north bank of the lower creek.
James Young Gates and H. B. Fox, A History of Leon County (Centerville, Texas: Leon County News, 1936; rpt. 1977).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."CLEAR CREEK (LEON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbcez), accessed July 30, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.