COPPERAS CREEK (KIMBLE COUNTY)
COPPERAS CREEK (Kimble County). Copperas Creek rises 3½ miles northeast of Roosevelt in western Kimble County (at 30°31' N, 100°00' W) and runs southeast for 3½ miles to its mouth on the North Llano River, four miles east of Roosevelt (at 30°29' N, 99°59' W). Three three main tributaries to the creek are: East Copperas Creek, which rises in northwest Kimble County and is twenty-four miles long; Middle Copperas Creek, ten miles long; and West Copperas Creek, fifteen miles long. Nick B. and Jennie (Blackwell) Coalson, natives of Illinois, settled at the junction of East and West Copperas creeks in 1866. They raised corn and hunted native deer and turkey.
Ovie Clark Fisher, It Occurred in Kimble (Houston: Anson Jones Press, 1937).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."COPPERAS CREEK (KIMBLE COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbcjb), accessed July 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.