FULCHER CREEK. Fulcher Creek rises a mile northwest of Cheapside in southeastern Gonzales County (at 29°18' N, 97°25' W) and runs southeast for 6½ miles to its mouth on the Guadalupe River, two miles southwest of Hochheim in DeWitt County (at 29°15' N, 97°20' W). The stream runs through flat terrain marked by shallow depressions and surfaced by clayey and sandy loam soils that support hardwoods, pines, and a variety of grasses. It was named for Churchill Fulcher, whose headright land grant of 1831 included much of its course.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."FULCHER CREEK," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbf84), accessed May 19, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.