HALEY BRANCH. Haley Branch rises two miles south of Bono in southwestern Johnson County (at 32°18' N, 97°30' W) and runs southeast for nine miles to its mouth on the Nolan River, a half mile west of Rio Vista (at 32°14' N, 97°24' W). The stream is named for Capt. Thomas Haley, who settled in the area in 1852. The surrounding variable terrain is surfaced by shallow, stony clay loams that support juniper and oak trees, chaparral, cacti, and grasses. The area has been used as crop and range land.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."HALEY BRANCH," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbh19), accessed September 18, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.