JERRY'S BRANCH. Jerry's Branch rises nine miles north of San Saba in northeastern San Saba County (at 31°20' N, 98°46' W) and runs southeast for fourteen miles to its mouth on the San Saba River (at 31°14' N, 98°39' W). It is intermittent in its upper reaches. The creek was named in 1855 in honor of Jerry Fleming, an early surveyor and settler. Jerry's Branch initially traverses flat to rolling terrain, then passes through a floodplain nearer its mouth. Local vegetation includes Ashe juniper, live oak, mesquite, grasses, and hardwoods, growing in rocky and clayey soils, with some sandy loams.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."JERRY'S BRANCH," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbj19), accessed July 31, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.