KREB BRANCH. Kreb Branch rises on the Austin-Fayette county line two miles north of Willow Springs (at 29°59' N, 96°35' W) and flows intermittently southwest for two miles, to its mouth on Jones Creek in extreme east Fayette County (at 29°59' N, 96°37' W). It crosses rolling terrain surfaced by limy-clay soils that are rated as good for agriculture and are used primarily as pasture for cattle and horses, as evidenced by a number of stock watering tanks along the stream and its minor tributaries. Grasses provide the major vegetation. The creek's name may be derived from that of Theodore, Eduard, or Hermann Krebbs, who enlisted in Company G, Fourth Regiment of Texas Cavalry, at nearby Shelby in 1861 and for whom the community of Krebsville is named.
Leonie Rummel Weyand and Houston Wade, An Early History of Fayette County (La Grange, Texas: La Grange Journal, 1936).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."KREB BRANCH," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbk39), accessed October 24, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.