KUHN BRANCH. Kuhn Branch rises a mile north of Warrenton in northeastern Fayette County in a small tank (at 30°02' N, 96°43' W) and runs east for 2½ miles to its mouth on Cummins Creek, one mile south of Round Top (at 30°02' N, 96°41' W). Throughout its course it flows through soils characterized by very firm clay layers frequently topped by a thin layer of highly erodible sandy loam. These soils are generally well drained and possess fair to good agriculture potential. At one time they produced good crops of cotton and corn but since the 1950s have been primarily used for pasture for cattle and horses. The area is characterized by rolling terrain, and grasses provide the main vegetation. The creek's name is derived from that of Fritz Kuhn, a resident of Round Top during the 1930s; Kuhn bought land originally granted to the Townsend family, who came to Texas in 1826 from Florida.
Leonie Rummel Weyand and Houston Wade, An Early History of Fayette County (La Grange, Texas: La Grange Journal, 1936).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."KUHN BRANCH," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbk40), accessed October 25, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.