MEDLAN BRANCH. Medlan (Medlin) Branch rises six miles southwest of Graham in south central Young County (at 33°06' N, 98°40' W) and runs south for seven miles to its mouth on the Brazos River, seven miles southwest of Graham (at 33°02' N, 98°42' W). The stream was named for A. B. Medlan, an early settler and the first treasurer of Young County. The area is flat with local deep and dense dissection and steep to sloping hills. The local soil surface is shallow, stony, sandy and clayey loams that support oak, juniper, and some mesquite.
Carrie J. Crouch, Young County: History and Biography (Dallas: Dealey and Love, 1937; rev. ed., A History of Young County, Texas, Austin: Texas State Historical Association, 1956).