NORTH MESQUITE CREEK
NORTH MESQUITE CREEK. North Mesquite Creek rises in Mesquite one-half mile east of the intersection of Interstate highways 30 and 635 in eastern Dallas County (at 32°49' N, 96°37' W). Intermittent in its upper reaches, the creek runs southeast for eleven miles to its mouth on the East Fork of the Trinity River, one-half mile west of the Kaufman county line (at 32°43' N, 96°31' W). The soils along the watercourse are clayey. Settlement in the area was extremely sparse until the summer of 1873, when Texas and Pacific Railway Company officials platted the town of Mesquite and built a station there.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."NORTH MESQUITE CREEK," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbn35), accessed January 25, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.