PIN OAK CREEK (FAYETTE COUNTY)
PIN OAK CREEK (Fayette County). Pin Oak Creek rises just east of State Highway 95 in the Southwest Muldoon oilfield four miles north of Flatonia in southwestern Fayette County (at 29°45' N, 97°08' W) and flows northeast for 12½ miles to its mouth on Buckners Creek (at 29°50' N, 97°01' W). The creek is crossed by State Highway 154 and the Southern Pacific Railroad south of Floy and passes to the east of Muldoon. Its course crosses gently sloping terrain with a fine sandy loam upper layer over very firm clay subsoil. These soils are generally poor for agricultural use. There are several strip mines for the removal of clay, and the dense stands of mixed oak are used to make charcoal. Near its mouth the stream flows through part of the two leagues of land in Fayette County granted to Michael Muldoon, curate of Stephen F. Austin's colony in 1831.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."PIN OAK CREEK (FAYETTE COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbp84), accessed July 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.