PLUM CREEK (LIPSCOMB COUNTY)
PLUM CREEK (Lipscomb County). Plum Creek rises in south central Lipscomb County (at 36°04' N, 100°19' W) twenty miles southwest of Higgins and runs north for nine miles to its mouth (at 36°14' N, 100°15' W) on Wolf Creek, two miles east of Lipscomb. The first headquarters of what became the Box T Ranch was established on Plum Creek in 1878. The creek traverses terrain that varies from flat to rolling, with some local escarpments. Native vegetation consists of mesquite and grasses in deep, fine, sandy loams.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."PLUM CREEK (LIPSCOMB COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbpan), accessed August 27, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.