STATION CREEK. Station Creek rises twelve miles east of Gatesville in eastern Coryell County (at 31°26' N, 97°31' W) and runs south ten miles to its mouth on the Leon River, a mile west of Mother Neff State Park (at 31°19' N, 97°29' W). Since the completion of Belton Lake in 1954, the lower reaches of Station Creek are subject to flooding. The surrounding flat to rolling prairie is surfaced by stony clay loams that support oak, juniper, cacti, and grasses. Station Creek was named for old Fort Station, which was established and maintained by Texas soldiers under the command of George B. Erath in 1839.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."STATION CREEK," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbsgk), accessed December 05, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.