TUCK BRANCH. Tuck Branch rises four miles northwest of Marietta in northwestern Cass County (at 33°11' N, 94°36' W) and runs north for 3½ miles to its mouth on Jennings Lake, 3½ miles from the northwestern corner of Cass County (at 33°14' N, 94°36' W). The area around the creek is flood-prone, and native vegetation includes water-tolerant hardwoods, conifers, and grasses. The stream was named for Henry Tuck, who in 1885 purchased the land through which the creek flows.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."TUCK BRANCH," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbt84), accessed December 21, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.