PERRY'S POINT. Perry's Point, a landmark point on a bluff in Chambers County below Anahuac, is where Maj. Henry Perry camped during the winter of 1816–17 and where Col. Juan Davis Bradburn built a fort in 1830. The point is labeled "Punta de Perry" on the map of Galveston Bay that Alexander Thompson made for the Mexican government in 1828. Thompson doubtless interviewed Bradburn, who had been Perry's lieutenant in 1816. James Gaines erred in telling Mirabeau B. Lamar in 1835 that Perry's Point was Bolivar Peninsula.
Margaret S. Henson, Juan Davis Bradburn: A Reappraisal of the Mexican Commander of Anahuac (College Station: Texas A&M University Press, 1982).