TURNHAM BLUFF. Turnham Bluff is on Little River near the McCown bridge two miles southeast of Cameron in Milam County. It was named for Josiah Joplin Turnham, who settled there with his family in 1840. Turnham Bluff was the landing site of the Washington, a steamboat which Basil M. Hatfield piloted up the river in 1850, bringing merchandise for Cameron residents.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."TURNHAM BLUFF," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rjt33), accessed December 10, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.