BLUE WING LAKE
BLUE WING LAKE. Blue Wing Lake is on a small tributary of the San Antonio River six miles west of Elmendorf in southeastern Bexar County (at 29°16' N, 98°26' W). The artificial lake was built after 1900 and is owned and operated by the private Blue Wing Club for irrigation purposes. The lake has a maximum capacity of 1,600 acre-feet and a normal capacity of 1,000 acre-feet. The surrounding terrain is flat to gently rolling and is surfaced by clay loam that supports mesquite, cacti, and grasses.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."BLUE WING LAKE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/robjc), accessed January 31, 2015. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.