CAMP CREEK LAKE
CAMP CREEK LAKE. Camp Creek Lake is on Camp Creek, a tributary of the Navasota River, in the Brazos River basin thirteen miles southeast of Franklin in Robertson County (at 31°04' N, 96°17' W). The lake was developed by the Camp Creek Water Company. Construction began in August 1948 and was completed on January 3, 1949. The reservoir has a capacity of 8,550 acre-feet and a surface area of 750 acres at an elevation of 310 feet above mean sea level. It is fed by a drainage area of forty square miles, the site of a retirement community with more than 200 residents. The surrounding nearly level to slightly sloping terrain is surfaced by loam that supports grassland and post oaks.
Ralph A. Wurbs, Reservoir Operation in Texas (College Station: Texas Water Resources Institute, Texas A&M University, 1985).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.James L. Hailey, "CAMP CREEK LAKE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/roc02), accessed March 08, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.