CADE LAKES. The Cade Lakes are two man-made reservoirs on upper Davidson Creek three miles west of Caldwell in western Burleson County (at 30°31' N, 96°42' W). They were constructed in 1964 and lie 2½ miles below the creek's spring-fed headwaters. The twin, roughly half-mile-long bodies of water are known as East Lake and West Lake and are connected by a narrow channel along the dam near their southern rims. The spillway elevation of the dam is 403 feet. Shiloh and the Shiloh Baptist Church, established in 1869, are situated on the southwest shores of West Lake. The surrounding gently sloping terrain is surfaced by sand that supports post oak, blackjack oak, elm, and hackberry trees on the northern shore of East Lake. The lakes appear to have been named for C. E. Cade, who served as alderman in Caldwell from 1926 to 1936.
Burleson County Historical Society, Astride the Old San Antonio Road: A History of Burleson County, Texas (Dallas: Taylor, 1980).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."CADE LAKES," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/roc30), accessed December 19, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.