EMERSON LAKE. Emerson (Emberson) Lake is a natural lake on a former channel of the Red River sixteen miles northwest of Paris and a mile north of Razor in extreme northern Lamar County (at 33°53' N, 95°39' W). The small lake is named for John Emberson, who settled there in 1824. It is surrounded by flat terrain with local shallow depressions, surfaced by clay and sandy loams that support water-tolerant hardwoods, conifers, and grasses.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."EMERSON LAKE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/roe07), accessed September 02, 2014. Uploaded on June 12, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.