GRAHAM LAKE. Graham Lake, a private lake owned by the Texas Company (later Texaco, Incorporated), is three miles west of South Bend in south central Young County (33°00' N, 98°43' W). The lake was formed by a dam completed in 1920 on the Clear Fork of the Brazos River. The dam is nineteen feet high and 330 feet wide. Graham Lake has a normal capacity of 160 acre-feet and a maximum of 684. The surrounding terrain is flat with local shallow depressions, surfaced by clay and sandy loams that support water-tolerant hardwoods, conifers, and grasses.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."GRAHAM LAKE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rog04), accessed March 08, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.