LAKE ARLINGTON. Lake Arlington is on Village Creek in the Trinity River basin seven miles west of Arlington in Tarrant County (at 32°43' N, 97°12' W). It is owned and operated by the city of Arlington. Construction of the dam began on May 15, 1956, and was completed on July 19, 1957. The lake has a capacity of 45,710 acre-feet with a surface area of 2,275 acres at the spillway. The spillway crest elevation is 550 feet above mean sea level. The drainage area above the dam is 143 square miles. The lake serves area residents as a recreational and fishing spot and provides water for the city of Arlington.
C. L. Dowell, Dams and Reservoirs in Texas: History and Descriptive Information (Texas Water Commission Bulletin 6408 [Austin, 1964]).