LOST LAKE. Lost Lake is two miles northeast of Cove in northern Chambers County (at 29°50' N, 94°47' W). At its widest point it is a mile across (east to west) and two miles long (northwest to southeast). A number of prehistoric sites have been identified throughout the area. The Lost Lake oilfield, discovered in 1929 slightly to the east, had produced 1,775,000 barrels of crude oil by 1984.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."LOST LAKE," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rol95), accessed May 25, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.