HOLLAND SPRINGS. The Holland Springs, on Hamilton Creek three miles south of Burnet in central Burnet County (at roughly 30°42' N, 98°13' W), are made up of several small springs rising from Lower Paleozoic Ellenburger limestones. The springs were the site of a ranger station in the late 1840s. Samuel E. Holland bought the land in 1848 and established the county's first permanent settlement there. The springs were named for him.
Gunnar Brune, Springs of Texas, Vol. 1 (Fort Worth: Branch-Smith, 1981).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."HOLLAND SPRINGS," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rph05), accessed September 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.