KINGSTON HOT SPRINGS
KINGSTON HOT SPRINGS. The Kingston Hot Springs are seven miles north of Ruidosa on the Rio Grande in Presidio County. Kingston is a small commercial resort developed around the 118-degree mineral-water spring. Annie Kingston bought the 1,200-acre property in 1896 so that a family member's arthritic condition might be helped by the water. She piped the water to three adobe bathhouses. In 1937 the Kingston family built seven cabins for accommodations. During the 1980s the springs were still owned by members of the Kingston family. At that time there were three individual soaking tubs in individual rooms in the bathhouse, and more than 1,000 people visited the resort each year.
Dallas Morning News, December 4, 1988. Houston Post, November 25, 1988. Texas Monthly, April 1987.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Janet Mace Valenza, "KINGSTON HOT SPRINGS," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rpk03), accessed October 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.