SEVEN HUNDRED SPRINGS
SEVEN HUNDRED SPRINGS. Seven Hundred Springs, the eleventh largest springs in Texas, is four miles south of Telegraph in Edwards County (at 30°16' N, 99°56' W). The springs burst from numerous cavities in Edwards limestones at the base of a bluff on the northwest side of the South Llano River. The average discharge from 1939 to 1978 was two gallons per second. For thousands of years Tonkawa and Lipan Indians lived at the hard-water springs, where they left many artifacts.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Gunnar Brune, "SEVEN HUNDRED SPRINGS," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rps02), accessed September 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.