SULPHUR SPRING. Sulphur Spring was the name shown on maps in the early 1850s for the spring that feeds into Ojo de Agua Creek two miles northeast of the site of present Runge in Karnes County. The road from Goliad to San Antonio crossed the Ojo de Agua Creek at the spring. From 1859 to 1867 it was designated Mineral Spring.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Robert H. Thonhoff, "SULPHUR SPRING," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rpscm), accessed May 21, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.