WACO SPRINGS. Waco Springs is in Indian Springs Park on the west bank of the Brazos River near the Waco Suspension Bridge, in McLennan County (at 31°33' N, 97°08' W). The springs were once the site of an Indian village. Fort Fisher was established near them in 1837. In the 1990s the springs flowed through a rock walkway along the river bank and emptied into the Brazos River. A state-approved marker was placed at the site in 1964.
Marker Files, Texas Historical Commission, Austin.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."WACO SPRINGS," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rpw01), accessed March 05, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.